Followers

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Beach Bums - Part 89

Little Beach, Maui

We began our "Beach Bums" series more than five years ago with a look at Little Beach on the island of Maui, Hawaii.  It's worth another look.  The beach is located in Makena State Park.  A trail from the parking area leads to Big Beach, aka Makena Beach, the beach at right, popular for sunbathing and bodyboarding.  It's not a nude beach.  A trail at the north end of Big Beach leads over a rock ridge to Little Beach (the beach at left).

The sign at the end of the trail says that nudity is prohibited, which is legally true, but it's not enforced.  Little Beach has long been a popular nude beach on Maui.

Little Beach is only about 500 feet long, and it can get crowded.  The beach crowd is a mixture of clothed and unclothed beachgoers, as seen above.

The surf zone is less crowded.

Here's a photographer looking for something scenic to photograph.

He finds a scenic view.

Little Beach is good for surfing ...

and swimming, if the surf isn't rough ...

and snorkeling ...

and sunbathing ...

and people-watching.

7 comments:

Onofre said...

We spent our honeymoon at Little Beach. It's a gorgeous, relaxing piece of paradise.

whkattk said...

I hope the hurricane doesn't do too much damage....

Larry said...

We had been to Maui a few times, but never dared to visit Little Beach until we traveled to Maui with a nudie couple. The four of us spent an afternoon naked on the beach. It was a weekday and not very crowded. It seemed like gay men tended to gather more at the far end. It’s a beautiful place, and it was a very relaxing and liberating experience.

SickoRicko said...

Jerry and I went there for his 70th birthday. It was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Nice. I was 65 when I visited. First time on a nude beach. I would love to go back now at age 75.

Social Tarian said...

Little Beach has always been a favorite of mine, and I got to go several times when a friend lived on Maui. Sadly, he moved back to the mainland and I haven't been back since...

Anonymous said...

Zowie Maui !
All of the Hawaiian isles are Paradise on Earth :-)
Loved to island hop with Island Air and Aloha Airlines, sadly both gone.
Prefer the western beaches on the Big Island of Hawaii from Puako to Wai’ Ahukini, as there are several great secluded beaches worth discovering.
CA jock