Followers

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Boys and their Balls - Part 6

 Hockey

Yes, I know ice hockey uses pucks, not balls.

Bobby Hull, one of the all-time great hockey players, in the locker room of the Chicago Blackhawks in 1960.  Photo by LIFE photographer Francis Miller. 

An unidentified hockey player (complete with missing teeth) in a locker room in 1976.

In this vintage hockey locker room interview, we see a few full-frontal views of players in the background, because that's what you'd see in a locker room in those days.

This more recent hockey locker room video has a (presumably straight) guy admiring a teammate's derriere and admitting, "Fuck, I'd tap that!"

At the start of every season, the hockey players in Vålerenga, Norway, have a practice session with a "strip penalty".  If you miss scoring a goal, you have to take off a piece of clothing.  In this video, we see a player successively missing, which results in a slow-motion striptease, until ... well, you'll see.  Note that the coaches, teammates, and spectators (yes, there are spectators) at the practice session are delighted with what's going on.

Here's another player at the strip penalty practice who stripped even more completely, losing even his skates.

4 comments:

Big Dude said...

I can't get a single one of these to play.

Unashamed Male said...

I'm sorry it's not working for you, Big Dude. They play for me using either the Mac Safari browser or the Google Chrome browser. When I post videos, Blogger "processes" them, so I don't know what the final format is, but it's some kind of video streaming from the Blogspot site. Do you have problems playing other videos from Blogspot blogs, or just these? Because I can't think why these would be any different.

2ndWave said...

FWIW, I am using a Mac, and browser is Firefox. I had no trouble.
All the best, Big Dude.

whkattk said...

Using Chrome - no issues. I think, perhaps, that one player was missing on purpose! LOL