Followers

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Performers - Part 1

 Red Hot Chili Peppers

One of the best-known rock bands unashamed of nudity is the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Early on, they gained fame by the gimmick of wearing "socks on cocks", that is, they performed entirely naked except for one strategically placed sock, as in this video excerpt.

But bassist Michael Balzary, better known as Flea, took it a step further and started performing stark naked without even the sock.

He didn't try to hide behind his guitar, either.  This is at the Torhout-Werchter festival in Belgium, 1996.

This is Flea at the opening of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' performance at Woodstock 1999.  The other band members were clothed, but Flea played stark naked in front of a crowd of tens of thousands for over an hour.  Now that's unashamed!

3 comments:

whkattk said...

I did not know that about them. Bravo to Flea. How I wish that idea of nudity would catch on and be accepted. Sadly, too many people still thin that naked must mean sex.

Anonymous said...

A few promotional photos have the whole band completely nude. I have one which is shot from the back, but you can still see a couple dongs.

Anthony Kiedis also whipped it out during an interview once and just have it a couple tugs right there.

I do like how Anthony Kiedis can go from "I want to take off my sock right here and stick my dick in everyone" to "I'm so alone, the city is my only friend" (Either he's on heroin or he's Batman. And Batman has an army of kids.) in two minutes flat.

Anonyme said...

Flea is cool!!!