Followers

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Aviation Recruit Medical Exam

 Aviation Recruit Medical Exam


This first photo in the set has been widely reproduced on the Internet, but often misidentified.  The series, from the National Archives, documents a World War I aviation recruit being examined in April, 1918 at the Episcopal Hospital in Washington, D.C.


The photographer is unknown, but the little symbol at lower left indicates that the photos were taken by the Army Signal Corps.

Examining from head to foot.

He's checking the arm, but we're checking out something else.

"I'm just feeling for anything abnormal.  No, that's a perfectly normal response you're having."

A thorough exam has to check everywhere.  "OK, son, I think you'll fit in just fine in the Army Air Corps."


4 comments:

whkattk said...

When I had my physical, having to "bend over and spread them" was worse than the balls check.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't expecting that last photo.

Anonymous said...

I remember being told to cough, I wonder if they ask to pull back the foreskin when you have it

Anonyme said...

Doctor does not see as we see!