Followers

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Ads - Part 35

 Adidas

Previously we looked at Nike.  Now we look at their rival Adidas.  We have already seen this Adidas ad.  In the corner, it says "Runners.  Yeah, we're different."

Above is the Adidas "Streak" commercial.  I think it dates from 2012.  The nudity is pixellated, but it's still cute.

Here's a billboard with a 2003 Adidas ad featuring British Olympic sprinter Dwain Chambers.  This "shoe bomb" ad ... what can I say? ... bombed.  Showing your product as a bomb was not a good idea.

It looks like Adidas wants to market their shoes using naked men, but I think the Adidas marketing people need some advice on how to make it work.

As a public service, I'm going to help them out by presenting some Adidas slogans and how they could have used naked men to market the slogan.  All my photos show men wearing Adidas shoes.

Consider this ad: "Love your body.  Flash Adidas."  But the ad doesn't show any flashing.  Clearly a missed opportunity.

This works much better.  Flash Adidas!

Another slogan: "Feel the lightness."

How about showing guys feeling something?

"I want.  I can."

This guy is letting us know what he wants by the way he's bending over.  And I have no doubt that he can.

What about "Rise Above?"

Well, that one's too easy.

"My Adidas make me happy."

Something is making him happy.  Must be his Adidas.

And finally, "Instinct takes over."

Well, you know, when you're wearing Adidas, sometimes instinct just takes over.

6 comments:

Big Dude said...

Interesting.

khakibum said...

Well worth a look, even if only for its unusual perspective.

Gerald said...

The picture of the fellow with a woman holding his penis is what is truly an 'unashamed male'. Definitely to my liking. I also like the one where the fellow is receiving oral sex. Some things are just too urgent to waste time removing your Adidas!!

SickoRicko said...

I especially liked the man's ass in the top image.

Xersex said...

great adv video

whkattk said...

The daughter of a friend of ours is a VP at Adidas in Europe.... They really should get back to some clever advertising.