Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Art

Naked Art Museum Tours

Many museums have nude artworks that you can view.  Australian artist Stuart Ringholt (at left) has turned that concept ass-backward, so to speak.  He conducts tours of modern art museums where the art isn't nude but the viewers are.

In his tours, both he and the tour members are naked (and must be 18 or older).  The museum is closed to other visitors.  This is a tour of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney.  Photos by Christo Crocker.

His tours are sellout events.  One suspects that the attraction is not the modern art, but the opportunity to exhibit yourself naked and/or to see the other tour members naked.

The artwork here is painted on the wall, called Sunrise #3 by Robert Owens.  I have to admit, I wasn't looking at the wall.

Ringholt has done nude museum tours at several museums, mostly in Australia.  This is a tour of of the National Gallery of Australia in Canberra.   Tour members are gathering in the lobby.  Photos by Christo Crocker.

The tour group goes up the escalator ...

... and down the hallway.  That's Ringholt in front, leading the tour.

On this tour, the National Gallery was featuring an exhibit by artist James Turrell, who makes art out of projected light.  This is "Virtuality Squared" (2014).

The tour viewing another James Turrell work.  What can I say?  It's modern art.

Here Ringholt is conducting a tour of the Institute of Modern Art in Brisbane.

Where is the art?  Well, Ringholt is a performance artist, so one suspects that in his tours, the real art consists of him and the tour members.  There may be something to that.  Since ancient times, artists have considered the human body to be a beautiful thing.  Well, some are more beautiful than others.

But I think we can be excused if we'd rather look at Stuart Ringholt than the art.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also find Mr. Ringholt to be very attractive. Especially so because I am a fan of small cocks. But I thought most Aussie men were not circumcised. Excellent series.

Big Dude said...

Aus is about the only other country besides the USA where circumcision is prevalent. When I was there, I was surprised at the Y and at a bath house to see so many cut cocks.

Big Dude said...

I don't think I would go for this in mixed company.

jimboylan2 said...

Going barefoot on the moving stairs scares me. But otherwise, I would join such a tour.